Friday, September 28, 2012

Everybody Dance Now


This fall Laela is enrolled in her first ever dance class. It is a modern dance class that she goes to every Tuesday evening with her friends Bella Rose and Ellen.  My friend Sunday, Bella Rose's mom, did the leg work to find a good place for the girls to take lessons and Becky, Ellen's mom, and I jumped on board.  From the day I told Laela about dance until her first lesson, she asked regularly about it.  We had to buy her a leotard and tights and so of course she tried them on every time I would let her.  Even now, after three weeks of lessons, she still wakes up asking if today is dance.  I am glad she likes it so much, but I had a feeling it would be a good fit for her.  It would not surprise me if she dances for a long time, but there will be no pressure from me.  I hope she tries a lot of different things to experience them and figure out what she likes best, but for now she is dancing and loving yet another reason to be with her friends.  




Waiting on the porch to go to her first lesson


Warming up

I had to add this one of Hollings.  She cracks me up!!



Laela, Bella Rose and Ellen

Beautiful Girls!!

1 comment: