Friday, September 28, 2012

A New School Year

September marks yet another school year in the Griffin household which is also a first for one of us.  Two days a week, Cord joins the two-year-old class at Montreat Morning School.  Laela is in her second year, and has graduated up to pre-k, yes, that is one year before kindergarten.  Crazy, I know!!  Both of them seem happy and excited to go and I love the stories that come home.  I am trying very hard to ask specific questions so I get more than, 'nothing' when I ask what they did at school that day.  So I ask about songs, coloring, crafts, and going outside, and it seems to be working a little bit.  Laela told me about a trek her class took down to Lake Susan where they learned about some animals and plants that live down there.  The most I have gotten out of Cord is that they sing a song that requires everyone to put their pointer finger in front on their lips and say, "Shhhh."  Apparently there is a song they sing about hunting a bear, and of course one must be quiet while hunting bears.   I am really pleased with the friends they have and are making, how wonderful their teachers are, and the new elements, like music, art, and Spanish that the school is introducing this year.  It is really quite amazing to watch your kids grow up, and I hope that their earliest memories of school will be positive ones!


First lunch box 

On the elevator up to school

Laela has so 'been there done that' with the first day of school




No comments:

Post a Comment