Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Season Ever!!!

Fall is my favorite season of the year, which is funny because it ushers in the winter which is not my favorite at all.  However,  no one can deny the beauty and energy that surrounds the fall.  Here is a short list of my favorite things.


*  Leaf change -   I live in the Appalachian Mountains and there are not many places to see more beautiful autumn colors than right here.  In Black Mountain, almost every direction you look you can see the mountains scattered with color.  It is like having a beautiful painting for your backyard.  Here are a few pictures from our house last year.



This is the view from our backyard in Montreat




The top of Lookout Trail



*  Pumpkins - Laela and I painted pumpkins this year.  For a three-year-old, I thought this would be easier and more fun than carving.  I am the least crafty person I know, so don't judge the products too harshly :)
The finished product - its not genius but we had fun!





* Fires in the wood stove - enough said!



*  Football - seriously, who doesn't like football?  Friday is high school, Saturday is college and Sunday and Monday are professional.  Something for everyone.
Watching football with Dad



* Costume parties - an excuse to act like a kid again.  Although I am terrible at coming up with costumes, I still think it is a fun idea.

This year Laela is going as a hippie!



Laela's costume last Halloween

Nick and Sara Stillwell - 2010

Amy and Lily Berry - 2010

The Darnells - 2010



* The weather - it is cold in the morning and evening but warms up during the day - most of the time:):)

*  Food - apples and apple pie, pumpkin pie, turkey, apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, etc.

* Clothes - its time again to break out the scarves, stylish boots, a warm vest, and a great fleece.
www.polyvore.com


So, as you can see, I love this time of year.  Cheers to the Fall :):)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment