Saturday, May 28, 2011

Other things we have done...


Besides all the birthday celebrations, there was a lot happening in the Griffin family this month.  We drove out to Reidsville, North Carolina, the first weekend in May.   Hayne's cousin Joanna Johnson (now Beutel) was getting married.  It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony and reception on the Apple family farm.  The Apples, Virginia's family, have lived on this land for over four generations. Joanna was lucky enough to get married there.  She could not have ordered a more beautiful day or perfect setting. We are very happy for her and hope many, many blessings for her marriage.




 The Cousins

From left:  Wesley Johnson, David Apple, Joanna (Johnson) Beutel, Hans Beutel, Jacob Apple, Elizabeth (Griffin) Westbrook, and Hayne Griffin


















Mama and Cord






















Alathea is now very interested in the things that I do, like take pictures.  At the wedding reception she got a hold of my camera, and this is what she produced.  Nice work for a novice photographer.


Tia (Laela's nick name for Hayne's sister)  is trying her best to get in the frame with Uncle Brad!


Hiya Papy





























A few days after the wedding, the kids and I headed to Minnesota.  This trip was on shorter notice due to the generosity of my parents, and Hayne's extremely busy work schedule.  It was a great couple weeks to hang out with my entire family, and of course, celebrate everyone's birthdays.  I love getting to watch my kids interact with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I do not have the proximity to family I would like, so we are making up for it with extended visits.  My kids live with my parents for two weeks at a time, and it makes for very sweet relationships.  We have been very lucky to get to Minnesota as much as we have.  My kids, Laela in particular, really know and love their cousins.  


Wendy and Triston


Laela's photography at work on Papa!

Hide and Go Seek

Hanging out with Preston.
Wendy with Cord and Triston
Spiderman Davis




Auntie Drea and Lae




All six of the grandkids.  Lalea (3), Cord (1), Davis(4),  Kiki (3) , Triston (1) and Preston (3).   Quite a crew!

2 comments:

  1. These are some of my favorite people in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially the guy in the dark green suit! :)

    ReplyDelete